Wednesday, February 24, 2010

HIT

Today I was hit hard with the reality that I am ready to start looking for a new job. I am not passionate about what I currently do, and feel that because of that I will never really move out of this position. I've always wanted to be able to use my creative part of my brain for my work. I love to design and make things. I also enjoy problem solving and strategy. I'm an intelligent person, and I just think my intelligence is being wasted at this point. I feel as though positions I would be interested in would be impossible for me to land though because of lack of experience. In college I always said I was going to land a marketing or advertising job since I studied business and I feel my creative mindset could be put to good use in those industries to think of innovative ways to market or advertise companies, people, etc. I always said I was going to be very successful at whatever I chose as a career and I just think finance is NOT my thing. It doesn't get me excited. I mean numbers excite me sometimes, but I just don't think it's ME. What horrible timing for this to strike me though, we JUST bought a house and I need the money more than ever. I think I am going to have to put the job hunt on hold until we are settled and then I will have to put the pedal to the metal and hopefully find something I love. I need to be proactive about this. I know if I were to do something I LOVE I would be incredible!! It's the way I've ALWAYS been..... I have strong passion and ambition inside of me. I just need my fire to be lit.

S.O.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment