Thursday, March 5, 2009

Appreciation

Hello again.. I am kind of anxious to blog today, I really want to try to blog regularly. All my life I've enjoyed keeping journals but as of lately have been unable to keep up to date with them. I would only write when i was feeling REALLY Horrible, because writing has always been so therapeutic to me, but writing about only the bad times is not very healthy...

Today is a pretty good day - a light day at work, I have officially booked Matt and I's flights to and from Michigan to drive out to Bonnaroo, which is something I am really looking forward to.....Roadtripping and a huge music festival = things I've always really wanted to do. I also told my father our plans, which was a huge task in itself and a big weight lifted from my shoulders... So all in all I am feeling good! The sun is shining today and the temperatures are working their way up, we have some 60 degree temps coming our way which is delightful after this blustering cold and NorEaster that just hit... I am ready! Bring the sunshine and Spring weather!!!

Everyone is going to these St. Patty's day parades this Saturday, one in Philly, and one in Hoboken, but Id really rather spend my day hiking or exploring, just enjoying the beautiful weather we are supposed to have. I really have been turned off to drinking lately. I don't really appreciate the drunken feeling, and The MASSIVE amounts of extra calories that add up are something I really can't handle right now. I am trying to get myself into Summer Sexy Shape, so I can feel good this summer, especially while at Bonnaroo in Tennessee in the sweltering HEAT, wearing minimal clothing to try to keep cool. As a matter of fact, I just asked my brother to go hiking on Saturday during the day. He is on a new kick, since his break up with his fiance, trying to learn how to live a simpler life and to enjoy the simple things in life, which I appreciate and am very proud of him for doing. Too many people take the simpler things in life for granted, including myself, but I do try to take time to appreciate them whenever I can. Everyone should stop take a breath and look around at everything that is there for you to enjoy. You will be amazed to find things that you've never noticed before because you were too busy with something petty or just not paying attention. Take it all in and try to enjoy and find the beauty that surrounds you.... Ok thats enough I was getting a little too much there I think....but its still true.

I saw the comedian Louis CK a few weeks ago and a lot of his act was pointing out how people really FAIL to appreciate the simple things. One of his jokes was about people complaining on an airplane and he was like what are you complaining about your in a seat in the air FLYING!! What is there to be complaining about???

And it is soo true, people should spend less time complaining and more time enjoying life.... I know I am guilty of complaining sometimes, but most of the time I am doing it to get some kind of laugh, like making a joke out of something stupid that happened, but I definately do bitch about stupid things, maybe I should try to focus on "bitching less" and enjoying more. Life is good when I think about it - I HAVE A JOB (which is GREAT at this point in time), I am utterly in love with the same boy for almost 6 years THIS month!, I have a decent family, a roof over my head, a dog that loves me to no end (and I the same hehe) etc. etc..... really if I think about the list can go on and on with things I should be grateful for.

1 comment:

  1. I was watching CASTAWAY last night lmao and it made me think of the things we take for granted, and how when he returned to main land and lit a lighter, he remember how we take for granted the accessableness (word? not) to things that we take for granted. I completely agree, we need to stop, think, and appreciate more often. I love nature, and I would love to hike with you... there's no where to hike around here really, or anyone to do it with. I get anxiety if I am not out grocery shopping with my mom on the weekends because I should be spending time with her and this is what she does LOL.

    ReplyDelete