Monday, January 11, 2010

2010

So I have been slacking with the blogging, but here I am forcing myself to get back on the wagon today... I am not really feeling the whole blog today, so this may be painful to read, but it could also flourish into a spectacular entry so don't give up on me now!

Matt and I have gotten the contract for a house, we have just finished attorney review after a LONG and STRESSFUL process and this Thursday we are getting the house inspected!!! I am oh so excited about living with Matt and having our own SPACE and decorating, cooking, having dinner parties and just spending loads of time cleaning, organizing, and making our house wonderful....On the other hand, I am a little nervous about making mortgage payments and paying all the expenses. Ive been trying to be a little thrifty this month to see how much I can save, and I've worked to cut some of my expenses which is wonderful, and something I should have done long ago. It's so stupid when you realize the littlest things can cut your expenses by so much and you don't realize it till you NEED to. I've been praying a lot, and it seems the only way I can fall asleep lately is by praying in my head till I fall asleep. I think we should be fine, but I've NEVER lived on my own and I know that SOMETIMES I can be careless with my money. I have definately overcame a lot of the anxiety I was having at first about all the $$$$$$, but there is still of course SOME anxiety still present. I am lucky to have a decent paying job and I am really proud of Matt and I for doing this on our own....
I had always imagined that my father would play a big part in helping me buy my first house, which he has, but not financially (due to shitty economy and unfortunate business events)..... We also thought that maybe Matt's father would help us out, but as of now we are doing it on our own with our own hard earned $$$. Look at us! For anyone out there who has never bought a house and knows nothing about it, let me warn you it's A LOT MORE WORK than you can ever imagine. I never realized how much a process the whole thing is, and I think maybe buying a home in New Jersey is an even BIGGER process than most states. We've have also been somewhat unfortunate in the fact that the seller of the house we are buying has not been the easiest person to work with, but in the end this should ALL be worth it and I feel like my ADULT LIFE will finally begin!!!

Life is GOOD - I've been really happy lately. Matt and I have been GREAT together. We just CONNECT and it's such a great feeling. Sometimes I try to make myself think of things Matt will not like about me when we move in together...but I can't really think of much, what I think of the most is me being weird, or having mood swings, or even me being very go! go! go! when he can be more lax - but these all seem minor to me and they are things he already knows about me. We have been together for so long (almost 7 years) that there is probably not much we DONT know about each other.

This work day kind of flew by... I was busy for most of the day, till now when I decided to stop working and come here to BLOG! My quality of work life has been better lately too, I think because I have been busy with personal and business stuff, so it keeps me on my toes which I enjoy. I think I am just an overall active person, and when I feel like I've accomplished a lot in my day I feel good. I am not really good at relaxing....Well I mean I like to relax and be a total BUM here and there, WHO DOESNT, but I find I am a much happier, more motivated person, the more I have going on to some extent, sometimes I can get overwhelmed and want to FREAK OUT or sometimes when there is too much I want to do I just end up doing NOTHING out of complete confusion on where to start. I've gone back to the gym, and started hooping more, and I am really enjoying hoop dancing, it's a great workout, and really challenges my coordination, i.e. doing a shoulder shimmy and hooping at the same time - not really going to happen. I think I can BARELY shoulder shimmy by itself, but it makes you more aware of your body and muscles and different movements. It's great! I reccommend hoola hooping as excercise to anyone. It's fun as well as challenging! Get ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment