Thursday, July 16, 2015

"Seek Magic Every Day"

I am extraordinarily thankful for the ability to work from home some days. It's such a pleasure to get the extra time with Zoey, my house, and whomever may be there to help out if, and when I need.  I love that I can put up a load of wash in between email correspondences-- I get to see my baby's happy smiling face when she first wakes up in the morning, feed her a bottle, prepare her dinner --all things I usually miss out on every day I commute to work.  On my "lunch break" I can walk to the park with her, build a fort (as we did yesterday, since it was raining), read a book, or just roam the house with her little hand wrapped around my finger. Those extra moments are just worth so much to me.  I love my little lady, she is indeed the sunshine in my life. I am away from my house for about 12 hours every week day, so having a balanced life isn't the easiest of tasks, so when the opportunity for some balance presents itself, I welcome it with wide open arms and a big smile on my face. Yesterday was one of those days, I even made time to paint on my easel that I just recently purchased. 

When I was pregnant with Zoey, I painted a couple of  whimsical pieces for her bedroom that had positive sayings on them -- You Are Our Sunshine and Dream BIG Little One.   A couple of weeks ago, I came across this saying, "Seek Magic Every Day" it stuck with me and I decided that I wanted to add that to the collection.  I started the painting yesterday, and while my husband sat with me as I painted the base to this painting, I started telling him my plan for it -- since I couldn't remember where I had seen the saying and if it were, "Seek Magic Every Day" or " Seek Magic Daily", I, of course decided to Google.  Upon Googling, I discovered that Katie Daisy had created a piece with this saying.  If you do not know who Katie Daisy is, check her out on Etsy here: The Wheatfield
It is all beautiful, whimsical, and positive works of art.  I love her style, it reminds me very much of my own.  So, now I am using it as part of the inspiration behind my own creation. 

Here are the beginnings:



No comments:

Post a Comment